Tuesday, February 14, 2012

St. Valentine's Day

It's 4:30 in the afternoon, and the the florist has yet to bring me flowers from a secret admirer.  Sigh.

I did send a valentine to President Obama. Ha. Not really. Actually today I mailed him a letter protesting that HHS mandate.

A friend told me that she knows a lady who married for the FIRST TIME at age 73. I guess you are never too old to find love. This gives me hope, but I really don't want to wait that long.

One blessing of unemployment I am not in an office where female co-workers are receiving roses. Oh, I have an interview this Thursday.

If you're married, remember your single friends.

Here are some pretty valentines to look at. I love these; they look so romantic and feminine. 






One more thing: my dad sent me a lovely "To my daughter" card. I'm glad I have my dad.

3 comments:

Mrs McLean said...

Yay, Dad!

Monica said...

Hi Leta,
I just wanted to stop by and say Hi and thanks for leaving all the nice comments on my blog. I hope and pray that you will find your special Valentine very soon!

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Yes... You are never too old for love! I'm praying for you to find your spouse!
And I hope the job interview went well!